Have Your School Nationally Recognized
The Safe Sports School Award recognizes secondary schools around the country that take the crucial steps to keep their athletes free from injuries. Take this quick 9-question quiz (pdf) to see if your school is an ideal applicant for the award.
In order to achieve Safe Sports School status, athletic programs must do the following:
- Create a positive athletic health care administrative system
- Provide or coordinate pre-participation physical examinations
- Promote safe and appropriate practice and competition facilities
- Plan for selection, fit function and proper maintenance of athletic equipment
- Provide a permanent, appropriately equipped area to evaluate and treat injured athletes
- Develop injury and illness prevention strategies, including protocols for environmental conditions
- Provide or facilitate injury intervention
- Create and rehearse venue-specific Emergency Action Plan
- Provide or facilitate psychosocial consultation and nutritional counseling/education
- Be sure athletes and parents are educated of the potential benefits and risks in sports as well as their responsibilities
-taken from nata.org
The UATA is offering to reimburse award winners. To apply for the award go to nata.org and apply.
Previous Utah award winners include: Canyon View, Cedar, East, Enterprise, Highland, Hunter, Logan, Park City, Parowan, Snow Canyon, Springville